Would you like to gain experience using music therapy to help people with learning disabilities express and communicate beyond words?
We run sessions at our training centre in Clapham Junction using music to help people build confidence and improve their attention spans and concentration, providing a safe space in which to explore emotions and creativity.
We need volunteers to join our Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday classes to help our music facilitator deliver the sessions. You’ll engage with our students, and encourage and support them to interact and express themselves. Music classes always have a great atmosphere with instruments, singing, and dancing!
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a career in education and training, or music therapy. Our students welcome volunteers into their lessons with open arms, you’ll get a real buzz from doing such a rewarding role.
Share is a registered charity and a centre for training and wellbeing. We provide a range of programmes helping adults with learning disabilities, autism and other support needs become more happy, healthy and independent. Our vision is a world where disabled people are fully included in society, living the life they choose.
Our ideal volunteer:
- Loves music!
- Has some knowledge about different styles of music, ideally with the ability to play an instrument
- Has a strong commitment to the inclusion of disabled people in all aspects of life
- Is friendly, patient and approachable
- Is reliable and punctual
- Has good listening skills
- Is able to get on well with people from a variety of backgrounds
If you have any experience of teaching, that would be a bonus, but it’s not essential and full training will be given.
We can guarantee that the right people will have a wonderful experience working in our friendly community. In return for giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation
- A comprehensive induction
- On-going support from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Access to our volunteer forum
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
Find out what it's like to volunteer at Share.
How to apply
Complete our online application form.
If you'd like to have a chat about the role or if you have any questions, we would love to hear from you. You can contact us via email email@example.com or telephone 020 7924 2949.