- A ‘walk and talk’ club
- Going to the gym or sports coaching
- Getting involved with urban nature - exploring woodland activities, wellbeing in nature, and volunteer gardening
- Learning about community safety - first aid, self-defence and money management
- Accessing adult community classes
- Exploring the library and learning about all the resources available there
- Getting involved with community volunteering
Get Out and About is designed for people who travel independently as a step on from our My Community and Me programme. They'll learn how to stay safe and how to confidently talk to people in public, developing long-term independence and the knowledge to access local facilities on their own.
As with many Share programmes, this is user-led. Each person sets their own goals, progressing at their own pace. Initially activities are delivered in collaboration with community partners. Members who join the project then move in the direction they choose, exploring the spaces, services, and activities that interest them most.